This time I’m to be the token male for the inaugural Campaign for Gender Balance Blog Awards.
I’m not going to express my own views about who I think should be nominated here as it obviously would be appallingly inappropriate. What I can do however is start a meme, in time honoured blog tradition.
This meme is very simple and largely based on the nominations process. Tagged bloggers are asked to do the following:
- Provide a link to the Gender Balance website (http://genderbalance.org.uk/pages/awards.html) and encourage as many people as possible to submit their nominations that way.
- Suggest THREE Blogs that should be nominated for in the Best Blog by a Woman Lib Dem category, and state why.
- Suggest THREE blog posts that should be nominated for the Best Blog Post By a Woman Lib Dem category, and state why.
- Suggest THREE Blogs that should be nominated for in the Best Blog by a Woman Non-Lib Dem category, and state why.
- Name THREE living women you would like to see blog, and state why. These can be women from any walk of life, not just Lib Dems (although that doesn’t mean they can’t be).
- Tag five other bloggers you would like to do the meme.
I can do the last bit at least, and nominate:
- Lynne Featherstone (who is also a potential nominee, but don’t take this to be favouratism)
- Jonathan Calder
- Antony Hook
- Millennium Elephant (who I’m pretty sure is a boy elephant, but I’ve never asked)
- Iain Dale (just to keep things interesting)
Tag! Of course, anyone else reading this is more than welcome – in fact encouraged – to do the meme themselves.Rate this: