Of course, I HAD to have a go with Lib Dem leadership contenders.
So, here are the results:
- Sir Menzies Campbell QC MP AC DC (this photo): Henry Fonda (69%), Peter Ustinov (61%), Gianni Agnelli (61%).
- Simon Hughes (this photo): Herman Melville (61%), Sergio Vierra de Mello (60%), Kernal Ataturk (56%), Clint Eastwood (55%).
- Mark Oaten (this photo): Bill Gates (55%), Tony Blair (54%), Martin Scorsese (53%).
- Chris Huhne (this photo): Mario Vargas Llosa (61%), Neil Young (50%), Johannes Brahms (49%), Bill Murray (48%).
- John Hemming (this photo): Greg Bear (54%), Leonardo di Caprio (53%), Pope Pius XII (53%), Jean Claude Van Damme (52%).
My opinion: Henry Fonda is a good match for Ming (for those too young to remember him, Fonda is the star of The Wrong Man and the Grapes of Wrath). It is a bit disconcerting that so many results are of obscure people I have never heard of, but it does explain John Hemming’s sex appeal. And, Mark Oaten as Gates and Blair? I rest my case.
UPDATE: Just realised who Herman Melville is. Quite appropriate, as for Simon Hughes leadership is a bit like a white whale that he endlessly pursues but never manages to harpoon.